The Marine Litter Action Network (MLAN) was established in June 2014 to bring together people and their organisations from across different sectors to tackle the issue of marine litter. The British Plastics Federation and PlasticsEurope were founding members of MLAN.
Through its members, MLAN has potential reach of over 1.7 million individuals, 38 thousand volunteers and over 11 thousand companies, groups and organisations.
MLAN lists its key achievements as:
- Scrub it out project – which lead to removal of microbeads from personal care products
- A ‘sewage related debris in early education project’ in Fife
- Gathering evidence for sources of litter
- Know your Poo’s and Don’t
- Transforming Ocean Plastics into textiles
Link to website(s)*: https://www.mcsuk.org/clean-seas/mlan