Philippine Plastics Industry Association Inc (PPIA) as Member of the City or Municipal Local Solid Waste Management Board: Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela, Manila, Mandaluyong, Quezon City and Municipality of Pateros.
Every City and Municipality in the Philippines is supportive to the mandate of the Republic Act 9003, entitled “Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000”. In line with the policy of every City and municipality they prepare its plans and program for an effective Solid Waste Management.
A Local Solid Waste Management Board are created and established in each of the concerned LGUs to:
- Enhance and update the City’s 10 year solid waste management plan to ensure the following:
- Long-term ecological management of solid waste
- Integration of various term ecological management of solid waste
- Integration of various plans and strategies of the barangays
- Recognize the value contribution of the informal sector partners in solid waste management, within the area of jurisdiction
- Develop specific mechanics and guidelines for the implementation of the City SWM Plan
- Adopts measures to promote and ensure viability and sustainability and effective implementation of SWM Plan
- Recommend measures and safeguards against pollution and preservation of the natural ecosystem
- Review every two years as the need arises the City’s 10 year Solid Waste Management plan for purposes of ensuring sustainability, viability, effectiveness, and relevance in relation local and international development in the field of ecological solid waste management.
The Industry is a member of different local solid waste management board in the National Capital Region (NCR) and representing the recycling and manufacturing or packaging industry. These representatives are selected through a process designated by themselves and shall be endorsed by the government agency representative of the board.
|Local Government Unit||Industry Representative||Company|
|Caloocan City||Mr. Willy Go||PPIA|
|Malabon City||Mr. Vicente Co||Manly Plastics|
|Navotas City||Mr. Dan Edmond Sy||El Buen Asenso|
|Valenzuela City||Mr. Peter Quintana||PPIA|
|Quezon City||Mr. Walter Siy||Geoplastic|
|Manila||Mr. Benjamin Chua||PPIA|
|Mandaluyong City||Mr. Willy Go||PPIA|
|Pateros||Mr. Willy Go||PPIA|